The winning entry was drawn by William, aged 6 yrs.
The judges, Mary Fairbain, Carol Brogan & Conrad Palmer, reported that "all the children that entered the competition were very creative and the judges were pleased with all of the entries. It was very difficult to chose the winning design."
In 1979 the old wooden Church Hall was knocked down and replaced by the Village Hall that stands today.
Back in August/September 1926 there was no Church Hall, with Village activities taking place at Fairfield School. A Church Hall “Building” committee, consisting of Trustees and local residents had been formed, and they held their meetings at the School; coordinating fund raising activities, studying building plans & commissioning a contractor to erect the building. By the end of 1926 the Church Hall had been built and formally opened.
CLICK HERE to read about the Hall's opening ceremony
In October 2014, as part of the 35th anniversary celebration to give thanks for the Village Hall, the children of the village and pupils that attended Fairfield First School were asked to design an emblem for Fairfield that could be adopted by village institutions.
Photographs of Fairfield can be viewed in the Facebook photo album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1958919144344741.1073741831.1560091694227490&type=1&l=f47d4fc009
Maps dating from 1831 & 1945 can be viewed CLICK HERE
On August 24th, 1914, at the very beginning of the Great War, a Branch of the Prince of Wales’ Fund was started in the Parish, which was intended to support those people affected by the war.
There quickly followed a branch of the Red Cross Fund and also a Belgian Refugee Fund, which was formed to support a family of Belgian refugees that had settled in Belbroughton.
The war ended in 1918. The Committee then in charge of the Refugees were asked to organise something in the form of a War Memorial. The Parish Council was approached and along with Belgian committee formed “The Committee of Belbroughton and Fairfield Peace Fund”, the proposition that Memorial Crosses should be erected at both ends of the Parish (Belbroughton & Fairfield), to meet the strong feeling that some permanent Memorial should be provided. It was also suggested that a Recreation Ground be established in the village of Belbroughton.
With the generous support of local subscribers, donations from the employees of Messrs. Isaac Nash Ltd, a scythe making factory in Bebroughton, the committee achieved its goal.
Belbroughton recreation Ground was opened for use in September, 1920.
Belbroughton War Memorial Cross was unveiled by General Sir H. Walker, and dedicated by the Rev. S. M. Cooke, Rector, Saturday, November 12th, 1921.
Fairfield War Memorial Cross, was unveiled by General Sir Percy Radcliffe, and dedicated by Rev. Canon Cronshaw, Sunday, May 4th, 1924.
The Parish Ward
The village of Fairfield and the hamlets of Stoneybridge & Wildmoor form the Fairfield Ward, part of Belbroughton and Fairfield Parish which is in Bromsgrove District, Worcestershire.
According to the 2011 census the population of the ward was 942.
The village has a shop, Café, post office, village hall, primary school, pub (The Swan) and a Church (St. Mark's CofE). Another pub can be found in Wildmoor, The Wildmoor Oak.
At the village's Recreation Ground there is a childrens play areas, the millennium garden and the club house for Fairfield Villa Football Club.
To the west of the village is Pepperwood, a semi-ancient wood managed by the Woodland Trust.