Gardens, Tubs & Baskets have now been judged, the winners and properties marked Highly Commended are below.
Each property listed below has been presented with their winning certificate.
This year did see an increase in the number of properties displaying tubs and baskets. Thank you to all properties that took part.
Floral Fairfield will be back next year. Please encourage your neighbours to help create ribbons of colour throughout our community.
Overall Winner: 12 Stourbridge Road
Winner: Hilltop Farm, Dordale Road
Highly Commended: Fairview, Dordale Road
Winner: 2 & 4 Dordale Road
Highly Commended: Bourn Cottage, Bournheath Road
Winner: The Paddocks (Cattery), Parish Hill
Highly Commended: Newbarn Farm, Swan Lane
July is Floral Fairfield, the annual competition that encourages households & businesses in Fairfield & Stoneybridge to create ribbons of colours throughout the community by displaying hanging baskets and floral tubs in front of properties.
This year there will also be prizes for the best front garden.
Prizes were awarded to the best floral displays that can be seen and enjoyed by people passing by.
The categories are:
Large Property - a) Best front garden & b) Best tub(s)/basket
Small Property - a) Best front garden & b) Best tub(s)/basket
Business Property - Best tub(s)/basket
1) Competition is open to residents that live in Fairfield & Stoneybridge;
2) Judging will take place along the following roads
Dordale Road (Between Parish Hill and Brook Road)
Mount Road (properties in the Parish of Belbroughton & Fairfield)
Parish Hill (properties in the Parish of Belbroughton & Fairfield)
Yew Tree Lane
3) To enter the competition, make sure your floral displays can be seen and enjoyed by the 1st July;
4) Judging will take place during July;
5) Displays must be sited on resident's property and not on public paths and highway;
6) Floral displays must be seen and can be enjoyed by people passing by;
7) Certificates will be award to the winner and runner-ups for each category;
8) Judges’ decision is final;
9) The rules can change without notice;
10) Even though this is a competition, it is a bit of fun.
Overall Winner: 124 Stourbridge Road
Category: Business Property
Winner Swan Inn, Stourbridge Road
Highly Commended New Barn, Swan Lane
Highly Commended The Cattery, Parish Hill
Category: Large Property
Winner Fairview, Dordale Road
Highly Commended Hill Top, Dordale Road
Highly Commended Glenwood, Wood Lane
Category: Small Property
Garden Tubs Baskets
Winner 124 Stourbridge Road 108 Stourbridge Road 4 Dordale Road
Highly Commended 26 Yew Tree Lane 65 Stourbridge Road 79 Brook Road
Highly Commended 119 Brook Road 9 Stourbridge Road 95 Stourbridge Road
Category: Small Bungalow
Garden Tubs Baskets
Winner 1 Bungalow Fairfield Court 4B Pepperwood Close 14 Pepperwood Close
Highly Commended 2a Pepperwood Close 3 Pepperwood Close 8 Pepperwood Close
Winner 1a Stoneybridge
Highly Commended 7 Stoneybridge
Category: Unusal Pot Container
Winner 2 High House, Stourbridge Road