Community Litter Pick - Saturday 14th June 2018, 10.30am - Meet outside Village Hall

Welcome to Fairfield Village

& the Hamlets of Wildmoor & Stoneybridge

A quick quide as to what it is...

Anti-social behaviour means "any behaviour from any person that causes another person harassment alarm or distress". This means hurting or upsetting someone.

Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) is NOT just caused by young people! ASB covers many different types of behaviour, some which you might find is a part of your daily life without even realising the effects it can have on others and the consequences you can face.

 Types of anti-social behaviour include:

- Graffiti and vandalism
- Littering or dumping rubbish
- Isuse of fireworks including using them late at night
- Shouting or noisy behaviour in places where this might be annoying or upsetting (e.g. outside someone's house)
- Using rude, abusive or insulting language
- Threatening  behaviour or bullying - including on the internet or via mobile phones
- Uncontrolled or dangerous dogs
- Assaulting someone or threatening them
- Stealing
- Joyriding or using vehicles in an anti-social manner (for example noisy radios, wheel spinning)
- Drinking alcohol in the street
- Rowdy drunken behaviour in the street.Some antisocial behaviour, are crimes and punishable by the law. Each case will be treated    individually. Anti-social behaviour is widespread and takes many forms. The Police and Council work together in partnership, identifying and then trying to resolve these issues.

If you know of any anti-social behaviour and are unable to resolve the issue through local mediation please contact the Police on 101 if it is a criminal matter or your local authority for all other issues.

There's no place like home, and it's important to make your home as protected as possible to ensure that it is a safe place for you, your property, and your loved ones.

Follow our advice on keeping your home and property secure from most criminal threats: CLICK HERE

Fairfield, Wildmoor & Stoneybridge are part of the Bromsgrove North and Rural Safer Neighbourhood Team.

For further information about our Safer Neighbourhood Team CLICK HERE

Reporting Crime - 101 or 999?

In an emergency , always dial 999

Dial 101 to report less urgent crime or disorder and for general police enquiries, for example;

  • if your car has been stolen;
  • if your property has been damaged;
  • when you suspect drug use or dealing; or
  • to give the police information about crime in our area.

Calls to 101 from landlines and mobile networks cost 15 pence per call.

If you are deaf or hard of hearing you can textphone 18001 101

Safer Neighbourhood

Home Fire Safety Check

Home & Neighbourhood Safety

Fly Grazing

Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service (H&WFRS) is committed to reducing the number of fires in the home, and to support this, offers free Home Fire Safety Checks to residents across the two counties.

What is a Home Fire Safety Check?

In brief, it's a visit to your home by a member of H&WFRS's Community Safety Team, who will offer a range of fire safety advice to keep you and your family safe. Members of the team will also install smoke alarms where needed, and will encourage you to work out an escape plan specific to your home and circumstances. This can be as simple as heading down the stairs, knowing where your keys are, unlocking the door and leaving the property, but can make a huge difference if a fire breaks out in your home, particularly at night.

Who can have a home Fire Safety Check?

Home Fire Safety Checks are offered free of charge and are targeted at the more vulnerable groups in the community. This would include the elderly, people living alone and those with reduced mobility or other issues.

Many referrals for Home Fire Safety Checks are made through other agencies, but Hereford & Worcester Fire and Rescue Service would urge anyone who thinks an elderly family member, friend or neighbour might benefit from a visit to get in touch and request one on their behalf.

How can I arrange a Home Fire Safety Check?

Contact our Community Safety Team the 0800 032 1155 for advice.

Home and Property Security Advice

Horses have been placed on land I own without my permission. What can I/the police do?

Abandoning horses on public/private land without the permission of the land owner is known as ‘fly grazing.’ If this happens, the police must be notified of this within 24 hours and the owners have up to 4 days to reclaim their horses. (previously it was 14 days).

Before taking action to remove the horses, you should enquire whether your neighbours or anyone locally know who the animals belong to. If, after the 4 days nobody reclaims the animals, the land owners have a much wider range of options as to what to do with them. Though they can still choose to sell them at auction, they can also choose to re home seized horses privately or to charities, sell them privately or as a last resort they can have the animals humanely euthanised . Any excess money will remain recoverable with the owner.

You will be responsible for the control and welfare of the animals during the time that they are detained on your land and will need to make sure that they are fed and have access to water. If there is no water supply in the area where the horses are, or you have any other concerns regarding the welfare of the animals, you should raise your concerns with the RSPCA.

Anti-Social Behaviour